on the NOBLESS LINE lines operated by Nobless line, s.r.o.
I Subject Matter of the Regulation
The Transport and Business Conditions on the NOBLESS LINE lines (hereinafter referred to as “Transport Conditions”) specify the terms and conditions of transport of persons and luggage on bus lines operated by Nobless line, s.r.o.
II Interpretation of Certain Terms
For the purpose of these Transport Conditions:
1) Transport on the NOBLESS LINE lines means the activities of the carrier, i.e. Nobless line, s.r.o., consisting of transporting persons by the carrier’s buses according to a schedule published in advance, the respective rates and these Transport Conditions;
2) Transport contract means the contractual relationship between the carrier and the passenger, whose establishment and conditions are governed by generally applicable laws and regulations and these Transport Conditions;
3) Current price list means the binding price (fare) of transport;
4) Ticket means a valid travel ticket that entitles the passenger to travel in accordance to Article II(1) hereof;
5) Travel documents mean documents required to cross the borders of any transit countries as well as target countries;
6) Luggage means easily portable items that can be easily placed in a vehicle due to its size and weight and that meets the conditions for transport specified herein;
7) Generally applicable laws and regulations mean Act No. 111/94 Coll. on Road Transport, Decree No. 175/2000 Coll. on Transport Regulations, the Civil Code and international conventions binding for the Czech Republic.
III Establishment and Performance of Transport Contract on Passenger Transport
1) The conclusion of the Transport Contract on passenger transport (hereinafter referred to as “Transport Contract”) by and between the carrier and the passenger establishes an obligational legal relationship between the parties, based on generally applicable laws and regulations and these Transport Conditions, establishing the obligation of the carrier including but not limited to transporting the passenger from the station of departure to the station of arrival by lines listed in the schedule and the obligation of the passenger, including but not limited to compliance with these Transport Conditions and pay the price of the transport (hereinafter the “Fare”) according to the Current Price List.
2) The Transport Contract is considered performed by due execution of transport in the agreed extent according to the concluded Transport Contract.
3) The Transport Contract is also considered performed by execution of transport in an extent different than agreed, if the passenger has been legitimately excluded from transport by the driver or another person representing the carrier who identifies themselves by an ID of the carrier and is authorized to give instructions and orders to the passengers (hereinafter referred to as the “authorized person”).
4) Every person who purchases a ticket on a bus of Nobless line, s.r.o or through a contractual partner or otherwise expresses their consent to these Transport Conditions available at www.noblessline.cz. The subject matter of the Transport Contract between the carrier and the passenger is solely the transport of persons and luggage in accordance with these Contract Transport Conditions. Extra services (including but not limited to providing drinks, snacks, daily newspapers and magazines, playing films, wi-fi internet connection) are provided outside the scope of the Transport Contract based on the operational possibilities of the carrier and the failure to provide them shall not entitle the passenger to any form of reimbursement.
IV Travel Ticket and Its Particulars
1) For the purpose of verification of due establishment of the right to transport and for its duration (performance), the passenger is obliged to carry a valid travel ticket (hereinafter referred to as the “ticket”), unless stipulated otherwise. The passenger is obliged to keep a copy of the ticket (passenger’s document) and present it on request in the event of a check.
2) The information stated on the ticket includes, but is not limited to:
a) Name (company name) of the carrier entering into the Transport Contract;
b) Station of departure and station of arrival;
c) Fare amount;
d) Validity date;
e) Name and surname of the passenger.
3) The ticket is deemed invalid if:
a) It is damaged to a degree making the information required to check its correct use illegible;
b) The information on the ticket does not correspond to reality or has been changed illegitimately;
c) It has been issued to a name and is being used by another person;
d) The ticket is not an original.
V Fare and Charges Payment
1) The passenger pays a fare according to the current price list. If the ticket is sold in the Czech Republic, the price is based on a price list in Czech crowns. When buying the ticket in another country, the fare is paid according to the price list in the respective foreign currency.
2) The passenger pays the fare when boarding the vehicle and the carrier issues a ticket for the paid fare.
3) Upon the ticket purchase, the passenger is obliged to check that the issued ticket corresponds to the stated information. If the ticket does not correspond to the stated information, the passenger is entitled to reject the ticket. In the event the passenger points out to any discrepancies of the information stated on the ticket later, the applicable cancellation terms and conditions shall be applied; this shall not constitute a claim.
4) If the passenger requires a discount, they are obliged to prove their entitlement to such a discount, both when purchasing the ticket and during transport.
5) Special discounts and discounts granted within promotion are always governed by the terms and conditions published in relation to the respective type of a discount or promotion.
1) Arrivals and departures listed in schedules and on tickets are always stated in local time. The carrier reserves the right to make changes in schedules with consequences pursuant to Article X(1).
2) Places of departures and stops of the respective lines may be changed throughout the year. Therefore passengers are advised to check before departure with the operating staff or at www.noblessline.cz.
VIII Travel Documents
1) Every passenger is personally responsible for complying with the passport and custom laws and regulations of the countries of destination and transit countries. Any costs incurred due to failure to comply with such laws and regulations shall be borne by the passenger. If the customs or police authorities forbid the passenger to carry on with the journey, the passenger shall not be entitled to a refund of the fare or its part or any other reimbursement.
2) The information on the ticket shall correspond to the information in the passenger’s travel document.
IX Conditions of Passenger and Luggage Transport
1) The carrier is entitled to refuse to transport a passenger who appears drunk or intoxicated by narcotics, a passenger whose body or clothes are contaminated and in conflict with standards of hygiene or a passenger who might cause contamination of other passengers or the vehicle.
2) The passengers are advised to be ready to board 20 minutes prior to departure at the latest at the main stations of departure and interchange.
3) Due to the mode in effect in transit and target countries, persons under 16 years of age shall be transported exclusively when accompanied by a person over 16 years of age.
4) Short breaks for hygiene or refreshments during the journey are not obligatory. Their intervals and length depend on the line schedule. The passengers are obliged to observe the length of such breaks announced in advance. If the passenger fails to board the vehicle within 5 minutes after the end of such a break, he/she is considered having refrained from further travel. In that case the passenger is not entitled to a refund of the fare for the unfinished journey or to any other reimbursement.
5) Smoking is prohibited on buses.
6) Moreover, it is not allowed to consume narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances and alcohol brought on the bus. A passenger showing signs of being drunk will not be allowed to board without entitlement to a fare refund. It is also prohibited to carry narcotic drugs and other than regular drugs that have not been prescribed to a passenger as a part of their treatment on the NOBLESS LINE lines. The carries reserves the right to reject boarding of passengers who fail to comply with these provisions or exclude them from transport without entitlement to a fare refund.
7) Playing loud music on music players, playing musical instruments etc. that may bother other passengers is not allowed on the bus.
8) A passenger who has contaminated or damaged a vehicle or its equipment or other equipment of the carrier, prevents transport continuity or otherwise violates the provisions of Act No. 111/1994 Coll., Act No. 266/1994 Coll., Decree of the Ministry of Transport No. 175/2000 Coll. or the Contract Transport Conditions shall pay an extra charge of CZK 1,000 above the damages.
9) The passenger is entitled to hand over luggage to be transported in the luggage compartment of value exceeding CZK 10,000 only if the passenger informed the carrier of its value prior to takeover and paid a special transport fee according to the carrier’s price list.
X Carrier’s Rights
1) The carrier reserves the right to make changes in the schedules establishing an entitlement to withdraw from the transport obligation 3 days prior to the start of scheduled transport at the latest by making a notification on the carrier’s website – www.noblessline.cz – or by phone or by means of electronic communication if the passengers in question have provided their telephone number or electronic communication information to the carrier.
2) The carrier is further entitled to cancelling a service or its part as a result of an unavoidable event that the carrier could not have averted even by exerting all efforts that may be reasonably required.
3) The carrier’s liability includes damage incurred in the period between the passenger’s boarding and getting off the bus, including these two activities.
XI Passenger’s Obligations
1) If the passenger fails to comply with the provisions arising from Article IX as well as from other generally applicable laws and regulations, the passenger may be excluded from transport. In such cases the carrier is immediately discharged from all contractual obligations to the client and is not obliged to provide reimbursement, not even partial, for the fare, its part or other.
2) When planning a connection, the passenger has to account for the possibility of a delay. The carrier is not liable for any damage caused by a delay, transport failure or missing of the next connection that has not been provably caused by the carrier.
3) If the seat is equipped with a seat belt, the passenger is obliged to use it.
1) The terms and conditions of the Transport Contract, including the carrier’s liability, are based on generally applicable laws and regulations.
2) All claims have to be asserted within 6 months after the ending date of the travel and the ticket has to be presented with it. The claim may be filed at the site where the ticket was purchased or at the address of the carrier operating the given line. The claim will be processed within 30 days after receipt.
a) Lines operated by NOBLESS LINE, s.r.o.:
NOBLESS LINE, s.r.o., Václavské náměstí 19, 110 00 Praha 1 – Nové Město
3) A claim for loss, theft or damage to luggage must be filed by the passenger immediately after luggage takeover at the target stop with an employee of the carrier. The employee is obliged to confirm the extent of damage or loss to the passenger in writing. This confirmation together with the ticket forms an integral part of the luggage claim.
4) The reimbursement in the event of loss or damage to luggage shall not exceed the limits set by generally applicable laws and regulations. If the luggage price exceeds CZK 10,000 and the passenger fails to notify the carrier and pay a special fee according to the Price List and pursuant to Article IX(9)hereof, the passenger is advised to get additional luggage insurance.
5) The carrier is not liable for luggage transported in the passenger section, except for their theft or loss in relation to a road accident and if these were handed over to the carrier for attendance. The same applies to personal items that the passenger is wearing or carrying.
6) When changing buses, the passenger is fully responsible for carrying their luggage.
XIII Transporting Luggage, Persons and Animals
1) In accordance with generally applicable laws and regulations, luggage is transported separately from the passenger as handed over luggage and together with the passenger in the vehicle with the passenger’s attendance as other luggage.
2) The luggage or its content must not be items whose characteristics may cause damage to the vehicle or life and health of persons or their property or bulky items, unless stipulated otherwise.
3) Items that cannot be luggage or its content include, but are not limited to a loaded gun, an explosive, poisonous, radioactive, volatile or caustic item, an item capable of causing infection, item that cannot be placed in the vehicle section aimed for transporting luggage or an item of weight exceeding 30 kg, unless stipulated otherwise.
4) Handed over luggage is transported in the luggage compartment of the bus and must be marked by a NOBLESSLINE luggage tag. The passenger is obliged to fill in the luggage tag with the requested information.
5) Unless the conditions published on the respective schedules stipulate otherwise, the maximum allowed dimensions of luggage are 30x60x100 cm, the maximum allowed weight is 30 kg. The passenger is entitled to transport of two items of handed over luggage for the price stated in the List of Fees or on the schedule.
6) Another item of luggage, one per passenger, with maximum dimensions of 20x30x40 cm is transported for free. Another item of luggage mentioned above is an item of luggage that is easily portable and can be placed in the vehicle, in the space under or above the passenger’s seat. The luggage must be placed in the vehicle so that the safety or interests of passengers are not endangered, or according to the instructions of the driver or an authorised person. The carrier is not liable for luggage and items placed in the passenger space.
7) Transport of oversized luggage, skis, snowboards and bikes is allowed on the NOBLESS LINE lines under the following conditions:
a) A place for oversized luggage and a bike may be reserved solely for a passenger who has already purchased a ticket;
b) Transport is available solely on selected lines, in special sections of the line or to selected destinations;
c) Transport is available solely in a specific period;
d) The space for transporting this kind of luggage is limited and subject to reservation, which can be granted solely by the NOBLESS LINE dispatching office based on free bus capacity;
e) A fee stated in the List of Fees is charged for transporting oversized luggage, skis, snowboards and bikes upon boarding;
f) If a bike is folded up and packed so that its maximum dimensions are 35 x 80 x 140 cm, it will be transported as luggage in accordance with the respective provisions.
8) Transport of animals and unaccompanied packages is not allowed on the NOBLESS LINE lines.
9) Children under and including 12 years of age are not allowed to travel on the front seats, i.e. on seats No. 1, 2, 3 and 4, as well as on seats behind the front and rear stairs. The passenger is obliged to notify the carrier that the seat is intended for a passenger under 13 when purchasing the ticket.
XIV Luggage Handover for Transport
1) If the luggage transport is subject to a freight payment, the passenger is obliged to pay the given price before loading the luggage on the bus.
2) The passenger is obliged to follow the instructions of the carrier, state and veterinary authorities during any and all safety, customs, police and veterinary checks and examinations.
3) When changing buses, the passenger is always responsible for carrying all their luggage to the next bus.
XV Luggage Damage and Loss Claims
1) Luggage is considered duly handed over if the carrier hand it over in good faith to a luggage ticket holder. If the luggage ticket is not presented, the carrier is obliged to hand the luggage over to a person who proves their right to the luggage. Unclaimed luggage will be stored by the carrier at a safe and suitable place at the passenger’s costs.
2) If the passenger takes over the luggage without any reservations, unless proven otherwise, the luggage is considered taken over as complete and undamaged.
3) The carrier is liable for damage to the handed over luggage for reasons and to the extent specified by generally applicable laws and regulations.
4) In the event of a loss of handed over luggage or if the passenger finds obvious damage of the luggage or considers it incomplete upon reclaim or there are any circumstances indicating any of the above, the passenger shall ask an employee of the carrier immediately to establish the state of the handed over luggage and to draft a report. Together with the ticket and luggage ticket, this report forms an essential part of the claim that has to be asserted in writing.
5) In the event of a complete loss of handed over luggage, the passenger is entitled to a refund of the freight cost of the luggage and to reimbursement of the proved value of the lost luggage as of the time when it was handed over for transport, up to the maximum amount of CZK 10,000; if the passenger has paid a special fee according to the price list pursuant to Article IX(9) hereof, the passenger is entitled to reimbursement corresponding to the value of the luggage stated in accordance with this provision to the carrier.
6) In the event of damage to the handed over luggage, the passenger is entitled to damages corresponding to the incurred damage, up to the maximum of CZK 10,000; however, if the passenger has paid a special fee according to the Price List and pursuant to Article IX(9) hereof, the passenger is entitled to damages corresponding to the value of the luggage stated to the carrier in accordance with this provision.
7) Reimbursement in the event of loss of handed over luggage or damage to handed over luggage is governed by generally applicable laws and regulations and the conditions governing the luggage takeover in accordance herewith.
8) NOBLESS LINE, s.r.o. shall not be liable for damage on transported luggage, if the loss, damage or delayed handover were caused in the following circumstances:
a) The packaging is not suitable for the nature of the transported item;
b) The luggage contains forbidden items, live animals, perishable items and the luggage contents have been misstated;
c) The luggage contains money, postage stamps, personal documents, valuables;
d) There have been circumstances of natural disasters or actions of third parties that the carrier could not have averted even by exerting all efforts;
e) Any actions of the passenger resulting in damage or loss of the transported luggage;
f) Force majeure that the carrier could not have averted even by exerting all efforts.
9) The carrier has no liability for other luggage and items transported in the passenger section, except for damage caused by the operation of the bus as a road motor vehicle.
XVI Safety and Protection of Information
The carrier represents that all personal information is confidential, will be used solely for the performance of the contract concluded with the passenger and carrier’s marketing campaigns (including the marketing campaigns carried out together with carrier’s contractual partners) and will not be published, disclosed to a third party etc., except for situations related to distribution, providing information on purchased services (name, phone number, e-mail) or special marketing campaigns. The carrier shall act in a way ensuring that the rights of the data subject are not affected, including but not limited to the right to human dignity and also pay attention to protection against unauthorised interference with the private life of the data subject. Other information provided voluntarily by the passenger to the carrier for the purpose of order performance and carrier’s marketing campaigns, is collected, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable laws of the Czech Republic, including but not limited to Act No.101/2000 Coll., on Personal Data Protection, as amended. The passenger gives the carrier their consent to the collection and processing of this personal information for the purpose of contract performance and carrier's marketing (including but not limited to commercial communication, even through third parties, until a written revocation of the consent is delivered to Nobless Line s.r.o., Company identification No.: 25609815, Václavské náměstí 19, 110 00 Praha 1. For the purpose described above, a written form also means electronic form, including e-mail communication sent to email@example.com.
The passenger is entitled to access their personal information and to its protection, including the right to demand explanation and removal of incorrect information and other statutory rights related to this information.
XVII Final Provisions
Any litigation between the carrier and the passenger may be pursued solely before a general court in the Czech Republic that shall decide on the claims in question in accordance with the laws and regulations listed herein.
These Contract Transport Conditions on the NOBLESS LINE lines operated by Nobless line, s.r.o. come into force as from August 1st 2016.